(BINGHAMTON, N.Y.) — Due to recent snowfall and anticipated snow accumulations in the next week, the City of Binghamton will begin its alternate side parking rules early.
Starting tonight, residents must comply with alternate side parking rules which will remain in effect from 5:00 p.m. on Nov. 21, 2016 to March 15, 2017, as this policy allows for safe and efficient snow plowing of all City streets.
In previous years, alternate side parking rules did not begin until Dec. 1. For questions, please contact: (607) 772-7095 or (607) 772-7087.
In addition, all motorists are strongly encouraged to move vehicles off streets and into driveways or parking lots at City parks to allow snow plows and emergency crews to keep streets clear.
“We asks for residents’ support to ensure public works crews are able to clear snow as quickly and safely as possible,” said Mayor Richard C. David. “In addition, this measure will minimize cars getting covered or surrounded in snow as plows pass with residents having to dig themselves out.”
Alternate side parking includes the following guidelines:
- On even calendar days, park on the even side of the street until 5:00 p.m.
- On odd calendar days, park on the odd side of the street until 5:00 p.m.
- The change in parking occurs each day at 5:00 p.m. For example, since Nov. 22 is an even day, vehicles must be moved to the even side of the street at 5:00 p.m. Residents should think, “park for tomorrow.”
- Rules are in effect 24 hours per day.
- Alternate side parking rules apply to all City streets, including those with parking on only one side.
- Streets with no parking on both sides of street remain no parking zones on both sides of the street. In these cases, alternate side parking does not apply.
- Rules do not apply for metered parking.
The following areas are exempt from alternate side parking rules:
· ALL METERED PARKING.
· FLORENCE STREET, between Eaton Place and Leroy Street.
· SEMINARY AVENUE, between Chestnut Street and Laurel Avenue.
· JUDSON AVENUE, between Lorraine and Glenwood Avenue.
· MITCHELL AVENUE, between Vestal Avenue and Morris Street.
· PARK AVENUE, between Vestal Avenue and Morris Street.
· COURT STREET, between the Court Street Bridge and Fayette Street.
· FAYETTE STREET, between Court and Susquehanna Street.
· PROSPECT STREET, between Front Street and Glenwood Avenue.
· DELAVAN AVENUE, between Iva Avenue and the dead-end to the northeast.
· LOOKOUT STREET, between Telegraph and Alfred Streets.
· ALFRED STREET, between Grand and Lookout Streets.
· LOURDES ROAD, between Riverside Drive and the dead-end to the north.
· CLINTON STREET, between Glenwood Avenue and Jarvis Street.
· RONAN STREET, between Baxter and Prospect Streets (odd side only).
· MINERVA AVENUE, between Grand Boulevard and Schubert Street.
· KING AVENUE, between St. John Avenue and Walnut Street.
· PARK STREET, between Schubert and Harrison Streets.
· WEST STREET, between Clinton and Phelps Streets.
· CONKLIN AVENUE, between South Washington Street and the State Street Bridge off-ramp.
· OAK STREET, between Gaines St. and Prospect St.
— 30 —