Street Work Permit Application
Street work permits are required in accordance with Section 355-35 of the Code of the City of Binghamton.
The contractor shall carry Workers’ Compensation Insurance for all his/her employees, in accordance with State or
Territorial Workers’ Compensation Law.
Protective Liability Insurance requirements
- Type of Insurance – Comprehensive General Liability Insurance & New York State Worker’s Compensation & Disability Insurance.
- Name insured – The City of Binghamton must be clearly named “Additional Insured” or “Co-Insured”. “Additional Insured” MUST read “City of Binghamton is named additional insured for $1,000,000.00 on a primary, noncontributory basis”.
- Amount of coverage – Bodily Injury (BI) and Property Damage (PD) combined $1,000,000.00 each occurrence; BI & PD combined, $2,000,000.00 aggregate.
- Effective period of coverage must be specific.
- Cancellation or termination – should such insurance policy or policies be canceled or changed before the expiration date listed therein, the issuing company will provide the City of Binghamton with ten (10) days written notice forward to: “City Engineer, City of Binghamton, 38 Hawley Street, Binghamton, NY 13901”.It is the contractor’s responsibility to provide the City Engineer with current Certificate(s) of Liability Insurance in
- It is the contractor’s responsibility to provide the City Engineer with current Certificate(s) of Liability Insurance in forms satisfactory to the City.
Security shall be exacted for excavation work to be performed on any footpath, sidewalk, street, alley, or ground(s) pursuant to the following
- The security for any excavations shall be in the form of a performance bond in the amount of $5,000.00 for each excavation not in the pavement. Security for excavations in the pavement shall be $10,000.00 for each excavation.
- This bond shall cover from one to ten excavations by and individual or business in any one calendar year. Any individual or business engaging in greater than 10 excavations within such calendar year shall produce a bond in the amount of $5,000.00 per each 10 additional excavations not in paved areas and in the amount of $10,000.00 for each ten additional excavations in paved areas. The term of the bond shall be 24 months.
- The maximum amount of a performance bond in any calendar year for one organization or firm shall be $200,000.00