The City of Binghamton offers and supports a wide variety of programs and intiatives focused on providing youth services, support and engagement.
The following are the core values upon which the City of Binghamton Youth Success Initiative stands.
- All youth are in need of equal access to quality youth developmental services, supports and services.
- All youth deserve appropriate individualized treatment that respects gender and sexual orientation, and cultural, physical, social, emotional and linguistic needs.
- All youth deserve to live in a healthy and supportive environment; to grow to reach their fullest potential; to attain high academic achievement; to be socially, emotionally, and physically competent; to avoid unhealthy risk taking behaviors and to ready by age 21 to become active and productive members of society.
- Services for children, youth and their families should be guided by the principals and practices of positive youth development.
- Input from and the involvement of young people are essential to the planning, implementation and evaluation of youth programs.