The City of Binghamton offers a variety of programs that serve, support and engage Binghamton's youth. Working closely with non-profit partners and Binghamton schools, the City is committed to ensuring its young residents have the resources and support they need to grow and succeed.
The following are the core values upon which the City of Binghamton Youth Success Initiative stands.
- All youth are in need of equal access to quality youth developmental services, supports and services.
- All youth deserve appropriate individualized treatment that respects gender and sexual orientation, and cultural, physical, social, emotional and linguistic needs.
- All youth deserve to live in a healthy and supportive environment; to grow to reach their fullest potential; to attain high academic achievement; to be socially, emotionally, and physically competent; to avoid unhealthy risk taking behaviors and to ready by age 21 to become active and productive members of society.
- Services for children, youth and their families should be guided by the principals and practices of positive youth development.
- Input from and the involvement of young people are essential to the planning, implementation and evaluation of youth programs.