This is a professional engineering position assisting in the management of the BJCJSTP BAF Restoration and Rehabilitation Project, Flood Wall FEMA Mitigation Project, Terminal Pump Station FEMA Flood Mitigation Project and Water Quality Project. This position reports to the Project Manager and the Mayor of the City of Binghamton.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of Civil Engineering; knowledge of engineering research and economics; knowledge of operations of sewage treatment plant; knowledge of methods and procedures involved in the initiation, planning and design and development of sewage treatment plant; high degree of professional judgment, ability to operate a personal computer and utilize common office software programs including word processing, spreadsheet, and database at an acceptable rate of accuracy and speed.
Possession of a New York State Professional Engineer License and either:
(A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with major work in Civil Engineering and five (5) years of Civil Engineering experience, three (3) of which relate to WWTPS; or
(B) Graduation from a regionally accredited New York State registered two year college with major work in Engineering Science or Civil Engineering Technology and seven (7) years of Civil Engineering experience, three (3) of which relate to WWTPS.
· Assists in providing lead agency oversight and coordination from a global prospective of all projects at the BJCJSTP;
· May review pay requests, invoices and purchase orders;
· Reports to the Project Manager on the progress of the project;
· Tracks project costs and schedules as it relates to budget, finances and the NYSDEC consent order;
· May provide representation on matters dealing with NYSDEC, EFC, and FEMA;
· Interacts with other City departments (Corporation Counsel and Comptroller) for legal and financial matters associated with the project;
· Coordination with the contract construction manager and design manager;
· Coordination with all parties involved with the FEMA components of each project;
· Assures the project is meeting all City, NYSDEC, EFC, FEMA, and EPA requirements;
· Other related duties as assigned.