The Finance Department is comprised of the Office of Comptroller, Treasurer, Assessment, Data Processing and Purchasing.
The departmental staff have prioritized transparency and accountability with regards to financial management, and a major ongoing reform initiative--involving a comprehensive overhaul of the City's information systems--will achieve multiple benefits and uphold the Mayor's commitment to open, responsible government.
Documents posted on the right include Annual Reports, Audits, and Adopted Budgets. We will be adding a page to this site soon that provides more details about the implementation of MUNIS, an enterprise financial software. The software has replaced a nearly 30 year-old data processor, dramatically transforming all operations in City Hall - improving productivity, increasing efficiency, and enhancing transparency and accountability.
Office Of The Comptroller
The Comptroller is the Chief Fiscal Officer of the City, and in this respect is responsible for:
- Auditing and payment of vouchers to assure fiscal integrity and compliance with law and City policy
- Managing cash to assure maximum return and safety of invested funds
- Arranging bonds and notes to provide funding for capital projects
- The processing of payrolls of all City departments, and overseeing employee benefits and the City's entire insurance program
- Overseeing all accounting and budget preparation for the City
- Preparing the Annual Financial Report