City of Binghamton, New York

What should I do if I have received notice that my water service will be shut off?

If you are a property owner you must pay your bill in full in order to prevent service shut off. If you believe your meter reading is not accurate you should call the City Treasurer's Office at (607)772-7027 on how to proceed.

If you believe you have a justifiable reason for non-payment of your water bill you may request a hearing on the matter pursuant to the City of Binghamton Code §405-52.C. Please note that simply not having adequate funds is not a justifiable reason for non-payment.


Your request for a hearing must be in writing, sent by certified mail to the City Treasurer and be post-marked not less than five days prior to the shut off date listed in the notice.