Have you been Financially affected by Covid-10?
If yes, click here.
NEW! COVID-19 BLDC BUSINESS ASSISTANCE LOAN:
For information about the BLDC's new COVID- 19 Emergency Small Business Loan Program please click here.
COVID-19 Small Business & Non-Profit Relief Program
For small businesses and certified non-profit entities requesting assistance with rent, mortgage and/or utility payments, please visit: http://www.binghamton-ny.gov/covid-19-small-business-non-profit-relief
The 2021 Binghamton Business Plan Competition has started!The contest awards $5,000 to the best plan for developing a business in the Ctiy of Binghamton including an additional $5,000 in services donated by local businesses. For more information, please click here.
To further our goal of a desirable, safe city in which all residents can live, work, study, worship, play and have opportunities to improve the quality of their lives, the Binghamton Office of Economic Recovery & Development is committed to a vision of building and strengthening our diverse community by providing government services that foster economic vitality, sustainable growth, civic engagement, citizen participation and neighborhood stability.
Economic Recovery & Development works in partnership with citizens, stakeholders in the public and private sectors, and other City departments to:
- Strengthen quality of life in Binghamton’s neighborhoods;
- Preserve and develop decent, safe and affordable housing opportunities and increase homeownership;
- Maintain and improve the vitality of Downtown and neighborhood business districts;
- Encourage a thriving and sustainable small business sector;
- Foster job growth, employment, and entrepreneurial opportunities;
- Increase civic engagement and citizen participation, especially among Binghamton’s youth;
- Support delivery of efficient and vibrant community services; and
- Revitalize Binghamton’s use of the rivers and waterfront areas.
Binghamton Means Business!
Economic Development representatives provide an array of services to help businesses start-up, grow and relocate to the City of Binghamton. We work with economic development entities such as the The Agency/Broome County Industrial Development Agency or Empire State Development to tailor the best possible incentive packages for our customers. Please check out our Resources for Start-ups & Existing Businesses tab (upper right) for development information!